Search Our Catalog

Winter Park History Home
Collection Overview
Online Collections
Founders of Winter Park
History For Kids
Smith Grant Information


  Search Winter Park History:   
  
 

Winter Park Sun

The Winter Park Sun was founded by Winter Park author and historian Eve M. Bacon in June of 1953.  Its offices were located at 252 N. Park Avenue which is now occupied by The Briarpatch restaurant.

The Winter Park Sun was published weekly until it was consolidated into the Winter Park Sun-Herald on April 1, 1959.

 
Photo of the Winter Park Sun building in 1956.

The Winter Park Sun building in 1956.

Photo of Winter Park Sun masthead 1953. Winter Park Sun masthead July 2, 1953.


Click here to return to the Early Businesses of Winter Park page.

ARCHIVIST
Barbara White, MLIS
E-mail: bwhite@wppl.org
Phone: (407) 623-3300 ext. 106

ARCHIVE HOURS
Hours vary.
 Please call for an appointment.

Copyright (C) 2014 Winter Park Public Library. All rights reserved.
Winter Park Public Library -- 460 E. New England Ave.-- Winter Park, FL 32789 -- (407) 623-3300.